Interested in beautifying your child's artwork with custom picture frames? Custom Frames Canada has some tips on how you can select and order affordable picture frames online that can really make your child's room stand out.
Piles and piles of beautiful artwork are stored away in millions of homes across the country. For years now, I’ve been turning to that pile to beautify my own home. My kids, 5 and 2 years old, produce some of the most vibrant and colourful pieces I’ve seen! I never realized how stunning some of these pieces can be, with the help of a little framing, and how well they complement the other décor in my home. Here are some reasons why it’s a good idea to display your child’s art at home:
- Children produce some of the most colourful and vibrant paintings/pictures you can come across. The colour combinations in many cases are like a dream!
- It’s free! No need to pay for your child's art work. It is a good idea, however, to invest in a nice frame and acrylic to protect the work and give it a “professional” touch.
- It helps organize the artwork, and helps you keep track of when the work was done. For example, I use labels on my frames to display the date when the work was done. It’s great to have guests take a look too – it sparks great conversations and questions.
As I mentioned before, I’ve turned my children’s artwork into a project of my own – deciding how to display the art that makes the most sense for our home. I don’t like to have a “formal” feel to my home, but I do like classy pieces. So for me, it is very important to display their artwork in a way that looks “classy”. Here are some tips that I used to help create the look I am going for:
- Think about where you want the pieces to go in your home first. This way, you can help match the work and frame more appropriately to the feel of the room. For example, if you’re displaying the art in your living room, you may want to choose a picture frame that is more formal (e.g. gold picture frames work well for this). If you’re thinking about a child’s room or a play room then a simple white, black or wooden frame would do the trick.
- Invest in good quality picture frames – this is important for me since I’d like to pass the art work on to my kids when they’re older so I want the picture frames to last as well as keep the art work protected for a long time.
- Choose different sizes! Consider creating a wall display of your child’s artwork. You can choose a variety of different picture frames to give the display a more eye-catching look.
- Use labels. You can easily add a beautiful label to the bottom of your picture frame displaying when the art work was done (you can go by year, age, grade etc.).
-Custom Frames Canada's Resident Mommy